Welcome to the Penwortham Priory Academy's Trustee's page.
The Chair of Trustees is Dr Phil Range who can be contacted via school.
The Clerk to the Trustees is Mrs Sue Spencer who can be contacted at school.
The three core functions of the trustee board are to ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction, hold the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff, and oversee the financial performance of the school, making sure money is well spent.
School trustees are all volunteers and are drawn from different parts of the community. Trustees exist to challenge and support the school in a proportionate, fair manner on behalf of all children and families.
- At Priory we have trustees in the following categories: trustees appointed by the members, parent trustees and co-opted trustees (two places typically reserved for school staff).
- Periods of office are held for 4 years.
- The trustee board at Priory delegates certain responsibilities to two main committees: The resources, audit and risk committee who meet 4 times a year and the curriculum and standards committee who meet 3 times a year.
- All committee meeting minutes are submitted to the full trustee board meeting.
- There are three full trustees board meetings per year.
- The members meet three times a year and are the guardians of the governance of the trust.
- The members meeting is chaired by lead independent member, Mr Kevin Burke
- The current chair of trustees is Dr Phil Range, and the vice chair is Mr Stephen Grafton.
- The chair of the resources, audit and risk committee is Mr Stephen Grafton, and the vice chair is Mr Damien Savage.
- The chair of the curriculum and standards committee is Dr Phil Range, and the Vice Chair is Mr Pete Faulkner.
- The co-opted staff trustee(s) represent staff views and report back to colleagues as/when appropriate. The current co-opted staff trustees are Mrs Elle Diamond-Bugler and Mr Pete Faulkner.
- Trustees are aware of all school policies.
- The principal will have regular, routine meetings with the chair of trustees. The chair should never receive any ‘surprise’ information without first having been informed by the principal.
- Individual trustees (other than staff) are allocated to provide a link between the school’s strategic priorities and the trustee board.
- The clerk to the trustees is Mrs Sue Spencer.
- All trustees are DBS cleared.
Copies of trustee meeting agendas and minutes are available upon request by contacting the Clerk to the Trustees, Mrs Sue Spencer.
If you would like to contact any member of the Academy Trust please do so via the Clerk to the Trustees.