Penwortham Priory Academy prides itself on its work experience programme. All pupils in Year 10 take part in a one week work experience programme which typically takes place in April.
Pupils are expected to arrange their own placements and past experience tells us that those who sort their placements out early in Year 10 will tend to get the best placements. Mr Bullock and Mrs Eastham will be explaining the process for arranging placements in an assembly in October.
Work Experience gives a wide variety of benefits to our pupils that include:
- Improved motivation
- Greater confidence and maturity
- Increased employability skills
- Better communication skills
- Improved team working skills
- Raised aspirations and greater insight into job opportunities and the qualifications needed Better appreciation of their own strengths and weaknesses
- An enhanced CV
If you have any questions regarding the work experience programme please contact Mr Bullock or Mrs Eastham
Click on the link below to download the work experience forms.
Work Experience Forms